With dairy being off the table temporarily, I found myself missing cream soups, like cream of asparagus. I decided to try using avocado to create the creaminess while coordinating with the green of the asparagus. It was delicious and quite filling to boot.
Creamy Roast Asparagus Avocado Soup Recipe
- 1lb asparagus, trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 cups vegetable broth(*Or bone broth
- 2 small avocados, peeled and cubed
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter or *Or use coconut oil or unsalted butter if not vegan), melted
- Flaky sea salt (like Maldon or Fleur de sel, and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Nutritional yeast, for garnish
Preheat oven to 425F. Toss asparagus with avocado oil, salt and pepper and roast for 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
Transfer asparagus to high-powered blender with remaining ingredients and puree until smooth. If you like a bit of chunkiness, save a few spears and chop into pieces and add back in after blending. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If not eating it immediately, allow asparagus to cool first then blend and store in fridge until ready to eat. Heat in a soup pot over medium heat until heated through then serve.
Did you try this vegan keto creamy roast asparagus avocado soup recipe? If so, how did it turn out? Please let me know in the comments. Or if you post photos on Instagram, tag me so I can see how it turned out. Enjoy! :)