Looking to spice up your pork chops? Here’s a recipe that adds sweetness and spice with a zesty marinade married with strawberry jalapeño topping chutney both of which complement the sweetness of pork. Fancy those chops up and give this recipe a try!
Keto Pork Loin Chops with Strawberry Jalapeño Chutney Recipe
Marinated Pork Chop Ingredients:
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- 1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon kosher sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- One pinch ground cinnamon
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
Strawberry Jalapeño Chutney Ingredients:
- ½ tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1½ cups strawberries, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon gold erithrytol monk fruit sweetener
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ⅛ teaspoon unsweetened red or dark cocoa powder
- Large pinch cardamom powder
- ¾ teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
- ⅛ teaspoon liquid stevia,(or to taste)
- [Flaky sea salt (like Maldon or Fleur de sel and freshly ground freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the marinade. Add marinade and pork chops to a zip bag and coat well. Allow to marinate 30-40 minutes, turning once. Meanwhile, soak the berries in erithrytol and lime juice for 30 minutes.
Add onion and jalapeños to a saucepan with avocado oil, sprinkle with a little salt, and sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until onion starts to turn translucent, stirring frequently. Add garlic and spices and sauté until fragrant, around 1-2 minutes.
Add strawberry mixture, vinegar, and lime zest, and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 25-30 minutes (or until thick), stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Allow chutney to cool completely.
Remove pork chops from fridge at least 20 minutes prior to cooking. Heat avocado oil in a cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and grill for roughly 6-8 minutes per side, or until golden brown and internal temperature reaches 145F.
Did you make this keto marinated pork chops with strawberry jalapeño chutney recipe? If so, please let me know how it turned out in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy!