I’ve tried baking different ingredients than my usual almond/coconut flour mix since I’m avoiding almonds for the time being (not to mention eggs and cow dairy). This vegan keto blueberry coconut muffin recipe replaces almond flour with lupin flour (a high protein bean flour with less carbs), uses ground flax as the binder, and a variety of coconut products to give it moisture and healthy fat.
Vegan Keto Blueberry Coconut Muffins Recipe
- ⅓ cup golden flaxmeal
- 1 cup coconut beverage
- ½ cup lupin flour
- ¼ cup vegan vanilla protein powder
- 3 tablespoons oat fibre
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon glucomannan (*May sub xanthum gum, but glucomannan is healthier.)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg, (freshly grated if possible)
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons raw cider vinegar
- ⅔ cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons erithrytol, powdered in a spice/coffee grinder
- 30 drops liquid stevia (vanilla-flavoured if you have it) (or to taste)
- ½ cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
Preheat oven to 350. Add whisk ground flax with coconut milk beverage. Set aside. Prepare a muffin tin with coconut oil cooking spray or muffin liners.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together lupin flour, oat fibre, protein powder, coconut flour, glucomannan, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt.
Create a well in the centre of the dry mixture then add melted coconut milk beverage, coconut oil, raw cider vinegar, vanilla, erithrytol and liquid stevia. Stir together with a silicon spatula until just combined. Add the blueberries last, stirring gently to keep the batter from turning blue.
Fill each muffin hole in the tin ⅔ the way full of muffin batter, then bake for 30-35 minutes, until the edges just start to turn brown.
Did you make this vegan keto blueberry coconut muffin m recipe? If so, please let me know how it turned out in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy!