Two strong tastes often have a way of balancing each other out. This is the case with this broccoli blue cheese salad recipe that marries a creamy, sharp blue cheese base with broccoli, as well as walnuts for crunch and mulberries (or goji berries) for a pop of chewy sweetness, similar to raisins, but without all the sugar. It's a great side salad for BBQs and picnics.
Keto Broccoli Blue Cheese Salad Recipe
- 4 cups broccoli, cut into florets
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ¼ cup celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon homemade mayonnaise (*Store bought mayonnaise is fine too.)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk beverage (*Or other unsweetened non-dairy milk.)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 oz blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons dried mulberries (*May sub goji berries.)
- 1 teaspoon raw cider vinegar
- Flaky sea salt (like Maldon or Fleur de sel and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Fresh dill, finely chopped, for garnish
Fill a large saucepan with 1" of water and a steamer basket. Bring the water to a boil. Add broccoli in the basket, cover, and steam until tender, 4-6 minutes. Rinse with cold water to cool.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the non-dairy milk, sour cream, blue cheese, red onion, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss the broccoli and celery with the dressing and sprinkle with walnuts and goji berries, then garnish with fresh dill, if desired.
Did you make this keto broccoli blue cheese salad recipe? If so, please let me know how it turned out in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy! :)