I was making breakfast for a crowd and decided to make it a carb-up day for me since I was the only one who does the keto thing, I came up with brownie baked fermented oatmeal recipe. You technically don't have to ferment the oats for this recipe if you don't want to, but it's not like it's adds all that much more complication, and it does make their nutrients more bio-available thanks to the probiotioc enzymes. This recipe was a hit and everyone was surprised how good it was with so little sugar added.
Carb-Up Baked Brownie Fermented Oatmeal Recipe
- 1 cup 0% fat Greek yogurt (*Use coconut milk yogurt for vegan option.)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage(*Or any non-dairy milk.)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (*Use keto maple syrup if avoiding sugar.) (Lakanto)
- ¼ cup peanut butter powder
- 2 cups gluten-free organic rolled oats
- ⅓ cup vanilla-flavoured whey isolate (*Or vegan vanilla protein powder for vegan.)
- 5 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk
- ⅛ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon brandy extract
- Large pinch Turkish coffee powder (*May sub espresso powder.)
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao nibs
- Flaky sea salt (like Maldon or Fleur de sel, to taste
Pour 1 1/2 cups water over the oats and stir in 1/4 cup yogurt. Place in a warm spot, around 73-78F, and allow to ferment 8-24 hours.
Preheat oven to 350F. Add remaining yogurt and the rest of the wet ingredients, including the fermented oats, to a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
Add in all dry ingredients, except cacao nibs and flaky sea salt. Mix until well incorporated. Scatter the cacao nibs on top. Top with a sprinkle of flaky sea salt.
Pour into a 2-quart casserole dish and put in oven. Bake for 40 min or until fully baked. Serve warm topped with Greek or coconut milk yogurt if desired.
Did you make this carb-up baked brownie fermented oatmeal recipe? If so, please let me know how it goes in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy! :)