I wanted to make a sweet hummus that was sugar-free for a recent carb-up day, which also happened to land on my husband’s birthday. I came up with this cake batter hummus that celebrated the day in a healthful way, complete with sugarless sprinkles!
Carb-Up Sugar-Free Cake Batter Hummus Recipe
- 1½ cups chick peas, cooked OR one 15 oz can cooked chick peas, drained and rinsed well
- ¼ cup oat flour
- 1 tablespoon golden flaxmeal
- 1½ tablespoons Sukrin Gold or Lakanto Golden Sweetener
- 1½ tablespoons keto maple syrup (plus extra for garnish if desired)
- 2 teaspoons cake batter extract
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt (*Omit if you're using beans that are salted, but taste at the end and add if desired.)
- 1-2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- Sugar-free sprinkles, for garnish
In a blender or in a food processor, combine all the ingredients except milk.
Puree until the mixture is smooth, about 30-60 seconds.
Add almond milk one tablespoon at a time to create the desired consistency. Taste and add salt (if desired).
Garnish with a drizzle of keto maple syrup and sugar-free sprinkles, if desired. The sprinkles really help tune the brain into the fact that it’s a sweet (not savoury) hummus, so people know what to expect. Serve with rutabaga chips, gluten-free pretzels, sugar-free cookies, or just eat it with a spoon.
Did you make this carb-up sugar-free cake batter hummus recipe? Please let me know how it turned out in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy! :)