What keto Thanksgiving or Christmas turkey dinner is complete without a ket cranberry sauce? While I usually use a blend of erythritol and stevia drops to sweeten most things, I xylitol for this one because I find it gels better than other low carb, sugar free sweeteners. Even though I use xylitol in this, I do cut back on the sweet as I prefer a slightly more tart sauce with my turkey. The added chia seeds add some fibre and healthy fat, while producing a thicker sauce.
Chia Cranberry Sauce - Keto, Low Carb, Sugar-Free
- 12oz fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1½ cups water
- ½ cup xylitol
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest (*Optional, but I think it adds a lot.)
- Bring water to a boil in a medium sauce pan then stir in xylitol until completely melted. Add cranberries and orange zest and heat until cranberries have stopped popping and sauce has thickened. This takes about 5 minutes.
- Once thickened, remove from heat, stir in the chia seeds and lemon juice.
- Allow to cool then pour into a container and store in the fridge until ready to serve. Makes about 1.5 cups of sauce.
Try this cranberry sauce with our keto dry-brined turkey recipe. If you try making this recipe it, let me know what you think in the comments and/or share your photos on Instagram and give me a tag so I can see how it went. Feel free to ask any questions you like in the comments as well. :)