Coconut and lime is a classic combo, but add grated zucchini and you get extra moistness and a little extra pop of colour. This bread is delicious on its own, but also shines as a base for amazing French toast too! Be sure to use full-fat coconut milk or cream for the egg mixture if you decide to try this idea out.
Vegan Keto Coconut Lime Zucchini Bread
- 2 tablespoons golden flaxmeal
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage
- 2 cups grated, unpeeled zucchini
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup vegan vanilla protein powder (*Or vanilla-flavoured whey isolate if not vegan.)
- 2 tablespoons oat fibre
- ½ teaspoon glucomannan (*May sub xanthum gum, but glucomannan is healthier.)
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅔ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup Lakanto granulated monk fruit sweetener
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
Whisk golden flaxmeal into coconut milk beverage. Allow to set for 5 minutes. Wrap the shredded zucchini in cheesecloth and squeeze as much liquid out as you can. Set aside. Preheat the oven to 350F and spray an 9×5 loaf pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper, or use a silicon loaf pan.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and coconut (save a small amount to sprinkle on top of the loaf). Set aside.
Whisk together the milk-soaked flax, melted coconut oil, olive oil, sweetener, and lime juice and zest. Add the zucchini and dry ingredients, mix until combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan, top with extra coconut, and bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Cover the pan with foil after 30 minutes, so the coconut doesn’t brown too much.
Allow the loaf cool 15 minutes in the pan before removing it. Serve warm or cooled!
Did you make this vegan keto coconut lime zucchini bread recipe? If so, please let me know how it turned out in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy! :)