After recently making coconut jam for the first time recently, it occurred to me that if you could make a coconut jam, why not a coconut syrup? I just took the same method, tweaked the ingredients slightly and just didn't boil it down quite as long so that it had a more syrupy texture. This silky white syrup is awesome on pancakes, French toast, chocolate ice cream, or anything else your heart desires!
Keto Coconut Syrup Recipe
- One 14 oz can coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated erithrytol
- 20 drops vanilla-flavoured liquid stevia (*Or to taste.)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon flaky sea salt (like Maldon or Fleur de sel
- 1 teaspoon dark or spiced rum (*Optional.)
Combine coconut cream, erithrytol and sea salt in a medium sauce pan and set to medium heat.
When mixture has come to a boil, promptly reduce heat to low and continue to simmer, stirring frequently until it thickens to desired consistency, around 20-30 minutes. Transfer into a clean jar and seal. Store in the fridge for up to one month.
Did you make this vegan keto sugar-free coconut syrup recipe? If so, please let me know how it goes in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy! :)