Broccoli and blue cheese have always been an awesome combination in my eyes, so I decided to throw together this broccoli blue cheese salad recipe. It’s equally good with bacon bits or walnuts for added crunch, so it’s up to you how you tailor it to your diet or tastes.
Keto Broccoli Blue Cheese Salad Recipe
- 4 cups broccoli, washed and chopped
- ¼ cup red onion chopped
- ½ cup white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 4oz blue cheese crumbles
- 5 slices crispy cooked bacon crumbled (about ⅓ cup) (*Use ⅓ cup chopped walnuts pieces to make vegetarian.)
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons raw cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Flaky sea salt (like Maldon or Fleur de sel and freshly ground freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
Boil a kettle of water. Put the broccoli in a large mixing bowl and add enough boiling water to cover it. Let it sit for 4 minutes to blanch then drain.
Put the broccoli back in the bowl and combine the broccoli, onion, blue cheese, and bacon (or walnuts).
In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, and cider vinegar.
Add the dressing to the broccoli, and toss to coat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate at least 1 hour to allow the flavours to develop.
Did you try this keto creamy broccoli blue cheese salad recipe out? If so, let me know how it went in the comments, or tag me in any photos you share on Instagram so I can see your creation. :)