A rich, creamy keto hot chocolate is not out of reach for someone who is vegan or dairy-free. This dairy-free vegan keto hot chocolate recipe is just the ticket for when you want to warm you soul on a cold day or when you're in need of a cup of comfort. The optional superfood add-ins also make it a soothing way to add more anti-oxidants to your diet, among other things.
Vegan Keto Dairy-Free Hot Chocolate for Two Recipe
- 1½ cups unsweetened non-dairy milk (unsweetened almond milk, cashew milk, etc.)
- 3 tbsp coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons chocolate vegan protein powder
- ½ oz unsweetened baker’s chocolate, chopped into smaller pieces
- 2 tablespoons red or dark cocoa powder
- Pinch of espresso powder, Turkish coffee powder (*my favourite), or instant coffee
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon erithrytol, powdered in a spice/coffee grinder
- 30 drops liquid stevia (vanilla-flavoured if you have it)
- Pinch of fine sea salt
Optional Superfood Add-In Ingredients:
- ¼ teaspoon reishi mushroom powder
- ¼ teaspoon maca powder
Add non-dairy milk, coconut cream, chocolate, and to a medium size pot. Simmer over medium-low heat for about 7-10 minutes, stir often until the chocolate is completely melted.
Whisk in espresso powder, cocoa powder, erithrytol, liquid stevia, and salt. Stir and keep simmering until get your desired consistency.
Top with more coconut cream or vegan marshmallows (*or homemade keto marshmallows if not vegan), and dust with cacao powder or sprinkle on some chocolate shavings and serve.
Did you make this vegan keto dairy-free hot chocolate recipe? If so, please let me know how it turned out in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy!