I love Nutella, and have tried making a keto version in the past but found roasting and grinding whole hazelnuts so labour-intensive that it wasn’t worth the effort. Then I found hazelnut powder as an ingredient. Using this instead of whole hazelnuts makes this recipe so much easier and faster for those times you want the familiar taste of Nutella, but not all the sugar and unhealthy palm oil that comes with it. Hazelnut powder isn’t super cheap, but it’s still cheaper than buying commercially made sugar-free chocolate hazelnut spread, and you don’t have to slave away at your blender for long stretches making it.
- 2 oz (around ½ cup) hazelnut powder
- 4½-7 tablespoons Lakanto granulated monk fruit sweetener, powdered in a [spice/coffee grinder] (to taste)
- ⅓ cup raw cacao powder
- 7-8 tablespoons avocado oil or MCT oil (*use more if using more sweetener)
- ¾ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Turkish coffee powder (May sub espresso powder.)(optional)
Add avocado oil or MCT oil and vanilla to a blender, then add hazelnut powder, powdered sweetener, raw cacao powder, salt and coffee powder (if using).
Blend on low until smooth, pushing down with a spatula as needed. Scrape out the spread with the spatula and add to a clean jar. Store in fridge for up to 1 month.
Did you try this vegan keto sugarless copycat Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread recipe out? If so, let me know how it went in the comments, or tag me in any photos you share on Instagram so I can see your creation. Enjoy! :)