I came up with this pre/probiotic salad recipe as a healthy snack with which to break a prolonged fast (110 hours!). I had read that it’s important to ease back into eating gradually and that restoring your gut’s bacteria with pre/probiotic foods is helpful. So I threw together this recipe using a bunch of different pre/probiotic foods, using sauerkraut as the base. Bonus: it actually tastes good too so you don’t have to wait for the end of a long fast to enjoy it and give your stomach’s bacteria a boost.
Keto Probiotic Sauerkraut Salad Recipe
- 2 tablespoons [homemade high-fat yogurt(https://feednflow.com/blog/post/how-to-make-your-high-fat-keto-yogurt)
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- 10 drops liquid stevia
- 1½ teaspoons red miso
- 1 tablespoon raw cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- A dash of freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2/3 cup sauerkraut
- 1 probiotic pickle, chopped
- 2 teaspoons red onion, minced
- 2 small square sheets of nori, cut into ribbons
- 1/2 teaspoon hemp seeds
Whisk together yogurt, garlic, vinegar, sesame oil, liquid stevia, miso, chilli flakes and black pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
Add sauerkraut, pickle, and red onion to a large bowl. Add miso-yogurt dressing; toss evenly until coated. Let stand at least 10 minutes. Sprinkle with hemp seeds and nori ribbons before serving.