Tired of tuna salad? Try this super easy keto-friendly imitation crab and cucumber salad recipe, based on one I had while I lived in Japan! It works as a sandwich, wrap or as an ingredient in a leafy green salad.
- 1 English cucumber (around equal volume to the crab sticks)
- 100g imitation crab sticks
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp flaky sea salt (like Maldon or Fleur de sel), or to taste
- Tamari soy sauce or coconut aminos , to taste
Julienne the cucumber, rub with salt and drain. Shred or cut the crab sticks into matchsticks.
Whisk together the remaining ingredients in a bowl then stir in the cucumber and crab. Serve immediately or chill until ready to eat.
Did you make this keto imitation crab and cucumber salad recipe? If so, please let me know how it turned out in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy! :)