I developed this recipe as a convenient "just add hot water" version of a fatty tea I make for myself at home. Because it's all powder based, I can put it in a zip bag or container and bring it backpacking, camping or even just keep some in my bag for when I want a boost while I'm working. Plus, it’s a lightweight, dense calorie bomb, making it a great choice for ultralight backpacking.
The ingredients I use are all purposeful in terms of daily health. Matcha powder is a powerful anti-oxidant and boosts brain function. Turmeric is also an anti-oxidant, as well as being anti-inflammatory. Maca powder boots energy and endurance, and also improve mood, memory and learning. Combine all that with healthy fats for energy, collagen (or vegan protein powder) for rebuilding muscle, as well as the electrolytes from the salt and cream of tartar, and you get this winning combo that can go anywhere with you without fear of messy oil spills in your bag.
Instant Fatty Golden Green Tea - Keto, Low Carb
- ½ teaspoon matcha powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ⅛ teaspoon maca powder
- 2 tablespoons MCT oil powder
- 1 teaspoon hydrolyzed collagen powder (*Or vegan protein powder for vegan.)
- 1 tablespoon butter powder (*Or coconut oil powder for vegan.)
- ⅛ teaspoon Himalayan pink sea salt
- 1 large pinch cream of tartar
- Pinch of black pepper (*to activate turmeric)
- Pinch of powdered keto-friendly sweetener of your choice (like Confectioner's Swerve)(optional)
- Mix together all the above ingredients and store in zip bag or pouch. When ready to drink, pour the contents into a mug and boil some water. Add a little hot water to the mug and whisk/stir it together well with a fork or spoon. Fill the cup with hot water, drink and enjoy!
Personally, I am happy to drink this without the added sweetener, but it does go well with a little powdered stevia-eritrytol, monk fruit-erithrytol, or Swerve if you prefer.
Did you try this instant fatty golden green tea recipe out? If so, let me know how it went in the comments, or tag me in any photos you share on Instagram so I can see your creation. Enjoy! :)