Pumpkin and oats: two of highest quality carbs you can get. That’s why I pumpkin spice oatmeal is one of my go-to meals nearly every time I have a carb-up. I throw in some vanilla whey isolate for extra protein and all the usual spices, and include a handful of raisins for a bit of texture and extra sweetness too.
Carb-Up Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Recipe
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- ⅓ cup pumpkin purée
- ¼ cup vanilla-flavoured whey isolate (*Or Vanilla vegan protein powder for vegan.)
- 2 tablespoons Confectioner's Swerve (or to taste) (*Or swap with any keto-friendly sweetener)
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg, (freshly grated if possible)
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground clove (or all spice)
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan pink sea salt
- ¼ cup unsweetened unsweetened almond milk
- 1 3/4 - 2 1/2 cups water (less for thicker oatmeal, more for a porridge-like consistency)
Add all ingredients into your Instant Pot and stir together well.
Set the Instant Pot to ‘Steam’ on high for 4 minutes then allow the pressure to release naturally for 20 minutes.
Release any remaining pressure (if any) then open the pot. Stir and add to bowls. Serve hot with fat-free Greek yogurt, extra almond milk, cinnamon, raisins or sweetener if desired.
What’s your favourite carb-up oatmeal recipe? Did you give this low-fat, carb-up Instant Pot pumpkin spice oatmeal recipe a try? Please share your thoughts in the comments. Or if you share pics on Instagram, tag me so I can see your creation. Enjoy!