Everyone should have an easy salsa recipe in their back pocket that they can whip out for a last-minute gathering or party invitation. This one is super quick and easy, and has extra virgin olive oil for a little extra healthy fat and gloss, and to make it a bit more keto-friendly. You can add other seasonings to it to change things up, or swap out the jalapeños for chipotle or other peppers, but this makes for a great base recipe to start with. Or if you want to go a little fancier, you can try roasting the peppers before adding them to your salsa. The possibilities are endless!
Instant Keto Salsa Recipe
- One 28-oz can diced tomatoes drained (retaining fluid separately)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 fresh jalapenos, sliced (or to taste)
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 oz cojita cheese, crumbled (*optional)
- Combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, lime juice, salt, jalapenos and cilantro in a blender or food processor. Use pulse to gently blend. If you would like a more liquid consistency, add some of the reserved fluid from the tomatoes. If you prefer a chunkier consistency, don’t process at all. Simply chop the veggies to your desired consistency and stir ingredients together. Top with crumbled cojita cheese and serve. Makes around 4 cups.
Did you make this keto instant salsa? If so, please let me know how it goes in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy! :)