Why would anyone want to make sandwiches for an entire party of people? They’ll get soggy by the time they’re served anyway. Enter the Italian hoagie dip for an appy that delivers everything you want in a sandwich but in dip form! You can cater to different diets by offering different kinds of bread, keto bread for low-carbers or sliced baguette for normies.
Keto Italian Hoagie Dip Recipe
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2 pickled peperoncini peppers, drained and chopped
- ½ head iceberg lettuce, chopped into small pieces
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- ¼ lb pepperoni, sliced and diced (*Or salami.)
- ¼ lb deli-sliced ham, sliced and diced
- ¼ lb deli-sliced prosciutto, sliced and diced (*Or cooked bacon, crumbled)
- ¼ lb deli-sliced roast turkey, diced
- ¼ lb provolone cheese, grated
- 6 tablespoons homemade avocado oil mayo
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or oregano, finely chopped
In a large bowl, combine the meats and cheese, and veggies.
In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo, olive oil, and red wine vinegar. Keep separate and store in the fridge until ready to serve. Stir dressing into into the meat, cheese, and veggies. Garnish with chopped oregano and serve with sliced keto bread or keto crackers.
Did you try this keto Italian out? If so, let me know how it went in the comments, or tag me in any photos you share on Instagram so I can see your creation.
Did you try this keto Italian hoagie dip out? If so, let me know how it went in the comments, or tag me in any photos you share on Instagram so I can see your creation.