Trying to find easy ways to include omega-3 fats in our diet? Fill up on real food with leafy green Greek salad topped with canned smoked sardine fillets. The tangy, lemony salad pairs perfectly with the rich taste of sardines, while dialing back fishiness, making it a wholesome, complete meal you can make for a quick lunch or dinner when you’re short on time.
Leafy Green Greek Salad with Sardines Recipe
- 2½ tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground (or to taste)
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped (*Or a mixed greens)
- ¼ cup tomato, chopped, seeds removed
- ¼ cup English cucumber, sliced into half moons
- 2 tablespoons red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives, halved
- 1 can smoked sardine fillets
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled (*Sub 1 small avocado, diced if avoiding dairy. Or use both of you like.)
- ¼ cup fresh oregano, chopped
- Flaky sea salt (like Maldon or Fleur de sel
To make dressing, whisk lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and pepper together.
Combine lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and olives. Drizzle with dressing and top with sardines, fresh oregano, feta, salt, and/or avocado.
Did you make this keto leafy green Greek salad with sardines recipe? If so, please let me know how it turned out in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy! :)