Looking for a for an ice cream that's tropical and refreshing, as well as vegan/dairy-free? Look no further than this lemon coconut ice cream recipe. It's super tangy but the coconut base and shredded coconut mellows it out to keep the flavours and textures in a perfectly complementary balance.
Vegan Keto Lemon Coconut Ice Cream Recipe
- Two 14 oz cans full-fat canned coconut milk
- ¼ cup vegan vanilla protein powder (*Or vanilla-flavoured whey isolate if not vegan.)
- ¼ cup unflavoured keto MCT oil powder or coconut creamer powder
- 6 tablespoons xylitol
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¾ teaspoon glucomannan (*May sub xanthum gum, but glucomannan is healthier.)
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- ½ cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
Add all ingredients to a blender (except the shredded coconut), starting with the coconut milk. Blend until smooth then chill in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight. Chill the vessel you'll be storing the ice cream in.
Pour the chilled mixture into the ice cream maker, and churn according to manufacturer’s directions, around 20-30 minutes, or until you reach a soft-serve consistency. Once soft-serve consistency is achieved, gradually add the coconut into the churned a little at a time as it churns. Once fully churned in, turn it off and either scoop into chilled bowls and serve, or pour into chilled vessel and put in the freezer for at least 4 hours to get a scoopable consistency. If allowed to freeze longer, you will likely need to take it out of the freezer 10 minutes or so before scooping.
Did you make this vegan keto lemon coconut ice cream recipe? If so, please let me know how it turned out in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy! :)