This low-carb, vegan keto marinated mushroom recipe is a great accompaniment for a brunch, lunch or antipasto platter. It blends tangy, sweet and fresh notes and is versatile enough to be served alongside a wide variety of dishes.
- 3 cups white button mushrooms (*If using larger ones, quarter them.)
- 1 cup shallots (or yellow onions if unavailable)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- Flaky sea salt (like Maldon or Fleur de sel, and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar (*use white balsamic vinegar if using yellow onions)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves
Heat a frying pan to medium heat. Add avocado oil. Add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
Add shallots and white wine vinegar and cook for 5 minutes.
Add contents of frying pan to a heat-safe bowl or dish. While the mushrooms are cooling, stir in olive oil and fresh tarragon. Allow to cool to room temperature and serve or put in the fridge. The flavours will develop further the longer it sits. Make up to 3 days in advance if you like.
Did you make this vegan keto marinated mushrooms recipe? If so, please let me know how it turned out in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy!