This is a different take on the a traditional chimichurri, using a bunch of mint in equal proportions to the parsley, making it an awesome topping for lamb chops, roast lamb, or lamb burgers. Fortunately, my mom has an abundance of mint in her garden, so I can make this recipe all summer long!
Keto Mint Chimichurri Sauce Recipe
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, packed
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves, packed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon flaky sea salt (like Maldon or Fleur de sel and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Add mint, parsley, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in a food processor and pulse together until mint and parsley are finely chopped (alternatively, you can chop the mint and parsley by hand and mince the garlic).
Stir in the olive oil, red wine vinegar and lime juice. Taste and adjust red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to your preference. Place into a covered glass jar and store in the fridge. Use as a condiment on roast lamb, lamb chops or lamb burgers.
Did you make this vegan keto mint chimichurri sauce recipe? If so, how did it go? Please share your thoughts in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy! :)