I recently found out I have a sensitivity to almonds, so I had cut them from my diet temporarily so I can see how my body reacts to them after a period of elimination. This means almond butter is off limits. What's a woman to do other than make my own keto mixed nut and seed butter? And so we have this recipe. Feel free to adjust the chosen nuts and seeds based on your preferences and make it your own.
Keto Mixed Nut and Seed Butter Recipe
- ½ cup raw pecans (soaked for 6 hours then drained and rinsed)
- ½ cup raw hazelnuts (soaked for 8 hours then drained and rinsed)
- ¼ cup raw cashews (soaked for 4 hours then drained and rinsed)
- ¼ cup raw Brazil nuts (soaked for 6 hours then drained and rinsed)
- ¼ cup roasted macadamia nuts
- ½ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon roast pistachios
- 3 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons golden flaxmeal
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon flaky sea salt (like Maldon or Fleur de sel
- 1-2 tablespoons hazelnut oil or macadamia nut oil (*Add if you prefer a smoother consistency.)
- Optional add-ins: pure vanilla extract, ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Add all the pecans, hazelnuts, cashews, Brazil nuts, and macadamia nuts to a food processor or high-powered blender and blend until chunky.
Add pumpkin seeds and pistachios and continue to blend until you get a smooth paste.
Add hemp hearts, flax meal, chia seeds and sea salt and continue to blend until you get a smooth butter consistency. Add to a 500ml mason jar and store in the fridge for up to 4 weeks. Spread on keto bread, crackers, celery sticks, or use in any recipe calling for a nut or seed butter.
Did you make this keto mixed nut and seed recipe? If so, please let me know how it turned out in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy!