Peri peri sauce is so much better freshly made than it is when you by a bottle from Nando’s or wherever. It’s easy to make and inherently low-carb and Keto-friendly too. Here’s my recipe. Use it on any kind of chicken, fish, shrimp, eggs, tofu/tempeh, salads or sandwiches!
Keto Peri Peri Sauce
- 1 lb red chili peppers (*African Bird’s Eye peppers are traditional, but you can sub with red banana peppers or even red bell peppers)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon (lemon juice)
- Sea salt (to taste)
Remove seeds and stems from peppers and chop into pieces.
Add the peppers, garlic, paprika, cilantro and basil to a food processor. Process until well mixed.
Drizzle in the olive oil while continuing to process until the mixture thickens up.
Stir in lemon juice and season with salt to taste.
Did you make this keto peri peri sauce recipe? If so, please let me know how it went in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy!