Not sure what Russian dressing is? First of all, it’s not actually Russian; it’s American, from New Hampshire specifically. It’s basically a less sweet, more picante version of a Thousand Islands dressing, traditionally used as a spread in Reuben sandwiches. Use this low-carb keto-friendly version as a salad dressing or as a dressing for tomatoes, asparagus, or any other veggies you would like to pair with it. It’s also a fanatastic condiment for burgers, very similar to Big Mac sauce.
Keto Russian Dressing Recipe
- ¾ cup homemade avocado oil mayonnaise (*Use vegan mayo for vegan.)
- ¼ cup keto-friendly ketchup
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- ¾ teaspoon Frank’s red hot sauce
- ¼ cup sour cream (*Use vegan sour cream for vegan.)
- 2 teaspoons grated onion
- ¼ teaspoon ground mustard
- ¾ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients until thoroughly combined.
Put in the fridge and allow flavours to set at least 30 minutes. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
How will you put this Keto Russian Dressing to use? Whatever you decide, let me know how it goes in the comments. Or if you post pics on Instagram, tag me so I can see how you put this recipe to use. Enjoy! :)