I was gifted some moose sausages from a neighbour and decided to try doing another sheet pan recipe with them. Fennel is a perfect complement to sausages, and I decided to throw in some broccoli to get in more green veggies into the mix. I made a light sauce with avocado oil, whole grain mustard, lemon juice and red pepper flakes and tossed the veggies with it, making it a wonderful companion for the sausages, which were unseasoned.
Keto Sheet Pan Roast Sausage with Fennel and Broccoli
- 1-1½ lb sausages (*I used moose sausages, but any kind of sausages will work.
- 1 medium head broccoli, cut into large florets
- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed, cored, and cut into thin slices, about 1/4-inch thick
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (*or omit if using spicy sausages)
Heat oven to 425F. Add broccoli florets and sliced fennel in a lines sheet pan. Season with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, whisk together avocado oil, mustard, lemon juice and zest, and chili flakes. Add to broccoli and fennel and toss well to coat evenly, keeping the broccoli and fennel separate. Add sausages to the top of the fennel.
Roast for 18-20 minutes until the fennel and broccoli are soft and getting crispy edges, flipping the sausages half way through. The internal temperature of the sausages should be 165F. Remove from oven at set oven to broil on high.
If your broccoli is already a little more charred than the fennel, move the sausages and place them on top of the broccoli. Once the oven comes to temperature, place the pan under the broiler for 2-3 minutes to crisp the sausage and slightly char the broccoli and fennel in spots. Keep an eye on it so you don't overdo it. Taste and add more salt, pepper, or lemon juice if needed. Serve warm.
Did you make this keto sheet pan roast sausages with fennel and broccoli recipe? If so, please let me know how it turned out in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy! :)