I know that cheese-based dips and spreads aren’t exactly pinnacles of healthy eating, but it’s nice to have at least one dip in your arsenal that is based around a fatty fish that’s high in omega-3 fatty acids over ones based around bacon to help round things out.
Smoked Salmon Cheese Spread Recipe
- 5 ounces smoked salmon, flaked (*May also use a can of salmon, though smoked is tastier.)
- 3/4 cup (6 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (freshly squeezed if possible)
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives or green onion stalks, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill weed (or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon capers
- Freshly ground black pepper and Himalayan pink sea salt (to taste)
Place all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix until well blended.
Shape into a ball. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Can be served with cucumber slices, dill pickles, or keto friendly crackers.
What are your favourite variations on this timeless recipe? Please share your ideas in the comments, or if you make this recipe, let me know how it goes. If you post any pics of your creation on Instagram, please tag me so I can see your creation. :)