Spicy Asian umami in dip form. That’s what I was going for with this sriracha roast red pepper tofu dip. It’s a perfect starter for an Asian themed dinner party or a nice spread to add to a sandwich or wrap.
Vegan Keto Sriracha Roast Red Pepper Tofu Dip
- 175g block extra firm tofu, rinsed & cubed
- 1 small red pepper (or half a large), seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, quartered
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup cashews, soaked in water for 3-4 hours and rinsed
- 1-1½ tablespoon sriracha (to taste) (*May also use keto Gojuchang paste.)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red miso paste
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk beverage (*or other non-dairy milk.)
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Toasted sesame seeds (white and/or black) (for garnish)
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
Heat broiler on high. Rub onion and red pepper with avocado oil and place cut sides down on a rimmed baking sheet. Broil until charred, 4 to 5 minutes. Cover peppers with foil or a silicon mat, and allow to rest until cool enough to handle. Peel off skin from peppers and discard.
While vegetables are roasting, add the soaked cashews, garlic, non-dairy milk, sriracha, salt, miso, olive oil, lemon juice and zest to a high-powered blender.
Add the tofu and vegetables to the blender and mix on high speed until smooth, stopping and scraping down the sides as needed.
Scoop out into a lidded, airtight container that holds at least 3½ cups and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
Place the lid on the container and refrigerate for 1½-2 hours to allow flavours to fully blend. Serve with crackers, chips or cut veggies, or use it as a spread on sandwiches or wraps.