Finnish food blogger Jenni Häyrinen has made her baked feta and roasted tomato pasta recipe famous thanks to TikTok. It is such a simple concept and easy to do for a quick dinner. I have modified it to make it keto-friendly by using zucchini noodles, and also threw in a few more herbs for good measure. I read that soft goat cheese also works as an option, so I decided to use split the difference and use goat feta.
Keto TikTok Baked Feta and Roast Tomatoes with Zucchini Noodles
- 8 oz full-fat feta cheese or soft goat cheese (*I used goat feta.)
- 16 oz grape or cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup yellow onion, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- Flaky sea salt (like Maldon or Fleur de sel, and freshly ground black pepper (to taste) (*Go easy on the salt as feta is already salty.)
- 1-1½ lb zucchini noodles
- 1 cup cooked Italian sausage crumbles or other cooked protein of your choice (*optional)
- ¼ cup fresh basil or parsley, chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Preheat oven to 400F. Add avocado oil to a baking dish and toss with whole cherry/grape tomatoes, onions, basil, oregano, salr and pepper until everything is coated. Add the feta in the middle and top with a splash more of olive oil plus a few cranks of fresh pepper. Bake for 30 minutes.
At the end of the 30 minutes, increase the heat to 450F and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until the feta and tomatoes have browned.
Remove the baking dish from the oven and stir in garlic and red pepper flakes and stir so the residual heat cooks the garlic and releases their flavours. Stir in the zucchini noodles and cooked sausage or other protein (if using) until coated. Finish with fresh basil or parsley, and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Did you make this keto TikTok baked feta and roast tomatoes with zucchini noodles recipe? If so, please let me know how it turned out in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy! :)