Not being able to eat eggs over the past month, I’ve started to miss mayonnaise, as a condiment or as an ingredient in dips. Since tofu seems to work well for making scrambled eggs, I thought it might work as a base for a vegan mayo, a vegannaise, so to speak. I tweaked the seasonings to my liking, and was quite happy with how it turned out. Bonus: It actually works better as a straight dip than regular avocado mayo.
Keto Vegannaise Recipe
- 6oz extra firm tofu, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon nutritional yeast
- ¼ teaspoon xylitol
- 1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup avocado oil (or other neutral oil)
- Flaky sea salt (like Maldon or Fleur de sel, to taste, to taste
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 2 tablespoons cashew milk (or to desired thickness)
Combine all ingredients except the oil in a blender for about 30 seconds or until smooth.
Once smooth, while blending on low, slowly add in the oil until emulsified and the mixture thickens. Add the salt and blend. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Add additional cashew milk to achieve desired thickness.
Did you make this vegan keto mayonnaise recipe? If so, please let me know how it turned out in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy!