I know it's still winter and not usually the season for cold soups, but it was so nice and sunny outside that I felt like a refreshing summer soup. Go figure. This low-carb watermelon gazpacho recipe was exactly what I was craving. Fresh fruits and veggies blended up with a combination of savoury and sweet, along with the freshness of mint, waking up the taste buds after a long winter nap.
Keto Watermelon Gazpacho Recipe
- 1 lb cubed fresh or frozen watermelon (saving a little for garnish)
- 2 large roma tomatoes, quartered, seeded and cored (saving a little for garnish)
- ½ medium English cucumber, roughly chopped (saving a little for garnish)
- 1 small red bell pepper, cored, seeded and roughly chopped (saving a little for garnish
- ½ cup red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled, smashed and rough chopped
- ⅓ cup packed fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground(or to taste)
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon glucomannan
- Liquid stevia , to taste
- Garnishes: ¼ cup crumbled feta combined with ¾ cup of reserved watermelon and veggies, chopped fresh mint, a drizzle of olive oil.
Combine all ingredients together in a blender or food processor. Puree for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until the soup reaches your desired consistency. Taste and season with extra salt, pepper, vinegar, and/or cumin if needed.
Refrigerate in a sealed container for 4 hours, or until completely chilled. Serve cold, topped with your desired garnishes.
Did you make this vegan keto watermelon gazpacho recipe? If so, please let me know how it turned out in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy! :)