I like to experiment with different dressings, sometimes ones that aren’t usually sold in stores, like this anise seed lemon balsamic dressing. It beautifully complements berries in salads (especially strawberries), making it an unique dressing for your favourite summer salads.
Vegan Keto Anise Seed Lemon Balsamic Salad Dressing Recipe
- 3 or 4 cloves roast garlic (*optional)
- ½ teaspoon anise seeds (removed from star anise pods)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (or more to taste)
- ¼-½ teaspoon[sugar-free honey substitute], (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1½ tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Using a mortar and pestle, mash together the garlic, if using, the anise seed and a pinch of salt, until the seeds are well broken.
Combine with lemon juice and zest, Dijon mustard and honey; whisk well to combine. Both mustard and lemons can vary in how strong they are, so you may need more or less honey to balance them.
Quickly whisk in the olive oil. Add freshly ground pepper to taste. Allow the flavors to combine for a few minutes, then check for sweetness and for salt. Add more honey, if necessary
Did you make this vegan keto anise seed lemon balsamic vinaigrette dressing recipe? If so, please let me know how it turned out in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy! :)