Looking for a different low-carb idea for your holiday stuffing this year? Try this brussels sprout bacon bread stuffing recipe. It takes 2 awesome sides, roast brussels sprouts with bacon and bread stuffing, and rolls them into one awesome side that everyone can love, whether you're keto or not!
Keto Brussels Sprout Bacon Bread Stuffing Recipe
- 4 cups keto bread, cut into ½" cubes
- ⅔ cup unsalted butter or ghee
- 1½ cups yellow onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher sea salt
- 4 cups (1lb) Brussels sprouts, halved or quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½lb mushrooms, white or cremini, chopped
- ½ cup chicken bone broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (*May sub with parsley.)
- ⅓ cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- ½ cup fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
Preheat oven to 350F. Add butter to a large skillet and set to medium until fully melted. Add onions and salt to and cook until translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add garlic, pepper, sage and oregano and cook until fragrant, around 1-2 minutes. Add brussels sprouts and cook for 5 minutes, until softened. Stir in mushrooms and cook until mushrooms release juices, about 5 to 10 minutes.
Place bread cubes in large bowl. Add in cooked vegetables, bacon, parsley, cranberries, and egg. Stir to combine.
Transfer stuffing to 9x13" baking dish. Evenly pour stock over entire dish. Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking until top is golden brown, about 30 to 40 minutes longer. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Did you make this keto brussels sprout bacon bread stuffing recipe? If so, please let me know how it turned out in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy! :)