Looking for a hearty vegan keto salad that will fill you up and keep you going? This recipe does so with a variety of textures and flavours that satisfy health and energy needs while titillating your tastebuds.
Vegan Keto Crispy Baked Tofu and Black Soy Bean Salad with Garlic Tahini Dressing Recipe
Garlic Tahini Dressing Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, finely chopped (*or ¼ teaspoon dried parsley)
- ⅛ teaspoon flaky sea salt (like Maldon or Fleur de sel)
- One pinch onion powder
- One pinch ground cumin
Crispy Baked Tofu Ingredients:
- ½ block extra firm tofu, pressed and cubed
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons oat fiber or coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons vegan Worcestershire sauce (*or use regular Worcestershire if not vegan)
- A little water (if needed)
- 1 15-ounce can black soy beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons kalmata olives , sliced
- 3 tablespoons walnuts pieces, chopped
- 4 teaspoons capers
- ½ cup, cucumber, diced
- ½ cup yellow pepper, diced
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 4 cups baby spinach or spring mix
- Crushed red pepper flakes, for garnish (if desired)
Whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing into a food processor and process until smooth. Set aside.
Preheat the oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together tamari soy sauce, vegan Worcestershire sauce, and oat fiber or coconut flour. Add tofu cubes and stir to coat.
Place the tofu on the lined baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes or until crispy. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
In a large bowl, toss together all of the ingredients for the salad, including the crispy baked tofu. Pour in dressing, mix, and serve! Makes around 2 meal-sized salads or 4 side salads.
Did you try this vegan keto crispy tofu and black soy bean salad with garlic tahini dressing out? If so, let me know how it went in the comments, or tag me in any photos you share on Instagram so I can see your creation.