In my random YouTube viewings, I stumbled upon the Danish hotdog, traditionally served with ketchup, mustard, pickles, crispy fried onion, raw onion and remoulade. Upon hearing the description of remoulade, I decided it was something I needed to try making, being inherently low-carb and keto-friendly.
Keto Danish Remoulade Recipe
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 5 tablespoons homemade creme fraiche or sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons crisp cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1½ tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons red onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained and finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried tarragon
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ⅛ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
- [Flaky sea salt (like Maldon or Fleur de sel), to taste
In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together. Add extra turmeric if you want a stronger color. Add extra salt and pepper to taste.
Put it in the fridge to set for at least 30 minutes before serving. Use on hot dogs, burgers, sandwiches, fish, etc. It goes well with almost anything!
Did you make this keto Danish remoulade recipe? If so, please let me know how it goes in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy! :)