We’ve all had smoked salmon cream cheese dips and spreads. Why not take it to the next level and make it into a hot dip? Throw in some fresh spinach and herbs and top with melty cheese and you get a stick-to-your-ribs dip that warms up any party!
Keto Hot Salmon Spinach Dip Recipe
- One 5 oz. can of wild salmon (or leftover baked salmon) bones and skin removed and flaked
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, washed, dried and chopped
- 4 oz. (1/2 cup) cream cheese
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup homemade creme fraiche or sour cream (*store bought is fine if that’s what you have.
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed.
- ⅓ cup fresh dill( loosely packed), finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup aged white cheddar, grated
- Flaky sea salt (like Maldon or Fleur de sel) and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet until it starts foaming. Add the green onions and garlic and cook until softened. Remove from heat and transfer to a small bowl to cool.
Add the other tablespoon of butter and heat again until foaming. Sauté the spinach and cook, turning it frequently with tongs, until it wilts and starts to release water.
Remove spinach from the pan and squeeze as much water as possible from the spinach. Set aside to cool.
In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.
Add the mayo and sour cream and continue beating until well-combined. Add the remaining ingredients and reserved scallions, garlic, and spinach. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
Bake until the top is brown and the dip is bubbling all over, about 20-25 minutes. Remove and let cool slightly before serving.
Serve with chips, crackers, or with fresh or toasted slices of bread.
Did you try this keto hot salmon spinach recipe out? If so, let me know how it went in the comments, or tag me in any photos you share on Instagram so I can see your creation.