Tangy tropical kiwi is the star of the show of this delicious summer salad. Combined with other bright, refreshing ingredients like cucumber and feta, along with a light vinaigrette and fresh dill, this low-fat kiwi cucumber feta salad makes a great side salad for a summer carb-up BBQ.
Carb-Up Kiwi Cucumber Feta Salad Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon honey or keto maple syrup (if avoiding sugar)
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon dried ground sumac
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon mixed nut and seed butter (or pumpkin seed butter for nut-free)
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- 8 kiwis, firm but not overripe, tops and tails removed, and chopped with peel intact
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 4oz feta, crumbled or chopped
- Small handful of fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- Flaky sea salt (like Maldon or Fleur de sel
In a large bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing. Add water to thin it out if desired.
Add the onion and mix thoroughly so that the onion will soften in the dressing.
On top of the onions and dressing, add the kiwi, cucumber, and top with feta. Sprinkle the top with chopped dill and sesame seeds. Only mix the salad when ready to serve to prevent it from getting soggy.
Did you make this carb-up kiwi cucumber feta salad recipe? If so, please let me know how it turned out in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy! :)