Looking for a different take on tacos like what you might find offered at an LA food truck? That's what I was going for with this Korean fusion marinated pork tacos recipe. The base of thinly sliced pork gets marinated in a sauce comprised of traditional Korean flavours, including keto gojuchang. Top that off with homemade kimchi, sriracha lime mayo and a few fresh toppings, and you have a fusion taco worthy of LA street eats.
Keto Korean Fusion Marinated Pork Tacos Recipe
Korean Marinated Pork Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free tamari soy sauce or coconut aminos
- ½ tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon unsweetened rice vinegar
- ½ tablespoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 10 drops liquid stevia (or to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon keto gochugang paste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- One 1-lb pork tenderloin, partially frozen then thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 16 small (6") keto tortillas, keto flaxseed tortillas or lettuce leaves.
Sriracha Lime Mayonnaise Ingredients:
- ½ cup homemade avocado mayo
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 4 teaspoons lime juice, freshly squeezed (around 1 fresh lime)
- Fine sea salt, to taste
- Homemade kimchi, drained and finely chopped
- Purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- Avocado, thinly sliced
- Green onions, thinly sliced
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Toasted sesame seeds
In a large bowl, stir together the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, garlic, sesame seeds, gojuchang paste, and salt and pepper (to taste). Add sliced pork and toss to coat. Cover and allow to marinate at least 30 minutes or up to 3 hours.
Whisk together all the sriracha lime mayo ingredients in a small bowl. Store in the fridge until ready to use.
In a large skillet, heat the avocado oil over medium-high heat. Add the pork mixture and cook, stirring often, until the pork loses the pinkness, about 3 minutes.
Warm the tortillas in the microwave and keep warm in a tortilla warmer or wrapped in a clean kitchen towel. Transfer the pork to a platter and serve immediately with the tortillas, taco sauce and garnish ingredients.
Did you make this keto Korean fusion marinated pork tacos recipe? If so, how did it go? Please share your thoughts in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy! :)