The sauces that accompany middle eastern dishes are an iconic part of their plating. This sumac yogurt sauce is no exception. The cool herby, creaminess of this sauce is a perfect complement to a rich, flavourful grilled meat like kofta, for example.
Keto Middle Eastern Sumac Yogurt Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup homemade high-fat yogurt or goat milk yogurt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon dried sumac
- ½ teaspoon flaky sea salt (like Maldon or Fleur de sel, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoom freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- Whisk together all ingredients until smooth. Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly. If prefer it a bit thinner, add a tablespoon of unsweetened non-dairy milk or water.
Did you make this keto Middle Eastern sumac yogurt sauce recipe? If so, please let me know how it turned out in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy! :)