I have been avoiding eggs, almonds and cow’s dairy as part of a candida reduction plan with my naturopath, but found myself missing my usual baked keto desserts, usually based around a combination of those three things. I came up with this nut-free keto chocolate coconut magic bars recipe, experimenting with a new kind of low-carb flour, lupin flour, made from lupin beans. I was quite happy with the result, and it was easy too.
Keto Nut-Free Chocolate Coconut Magic Bars Recipe
- ½ cup lupin flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon golden flaxmeal
- ¼ teaspoon glucomannan (*May sub xanthum gum, but glucomannan is healthier.)
- 2 teaspoons maca powder
- ¼ cup Swerve Brown
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¾ cup unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped into chunks or sugar-free chocolate chips
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds, chopped cashews or pistachios
- ⅔ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1¼ cups full-fat coconut milk
- 15 drops liquid stevia (vanilla-flavoured if you have it) if you have it (*Omit if using sweetened chocolate chips)
Line an 8-inch pan with parchment paper, going a little up the sides. Preheat oven to 350F. In a medium mixing bowl, toss the lupin flour, coconut flour, golden flax meal, maca, salt, and sweetener.
Pour the melted coconut oil over all and work together into a consistent, crumb batter. Press the dough into the pan. Sprinkle in chocolate chips to form a consistent layer, then the coconut, and pumpkin seeds, pistachios or chopped cashews over top.
Slowly pour coconut milk evenly over top so as to not disturb the layers too much. Bake 30-35 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool 15 minutes then put them in the fridge for at least 4 hours to completely firm up. Cut the bars into squares and serve. Store in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Did you make this vegan keto nut-free chocolate coconut magic bar recipe? If so, please let me know how it turned out in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy!