Not quite ready to give up on summer? Me neither. That’s why I bought some greenhouse grown local strawberries and whipped up this low-carb strawberry fennel avocado salad. Yet another medley of fresh summer flavours and textures that made for a perfect complement to our anniversary steak dinner yesterday.
Vegan Keto Strawberry Fennel Avocado Salad Recipe
- 4 cups baby spinach or chopped romaine lettuce
- ¾ cup strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 small avocado, and diced
- ½ cup fennel, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese (or goat cheese) (*optional if not vegan)
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons red onion, thinly sliced
- Keto anise seed lemon balsamic vinaigrette dressing (to taste)
- Flaky sea salt (like Maldon or Fleur de sel and freshly ground freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
In a large mixing bowl, toss together the spinach, fennel, avocado, strawberries, red onions, blue cheese and dressing.
Add to serving bowls. Sprinkle with toasted sliced almonds. Season with salt and pepper and serve!
Did you make this keto strawberry fennel avocado salad recipe? If so, please let me know how it turned out in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy! :)