Want an easy hummus recipe but without all the carbs? Try replacing chick peas with avocados with this keto-friendly avocado hummus recipe. It gives you everything you love about hummus but using avocados blended with vegan butter along with all the other traditional ingredients. Give this snack-tactic low-carb option a try!
Vegan Keto Avocado Hummus Recipe
- 3 small avocados
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter (*Or replace with more olive oil, though it will make it thinner in consistency.)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar (*Or more lemon juice)
- ½ teaspoon flaky sea salt (like Maldon or Fleur de sel, to taste and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- Toasted sesame seeds, chopped fresh parsley, and smoked paprika, (*optional for garnish)
Add all the ingredients high-speed blender or food processor (except garnish ingredients). Purée until everything is smooth. Taste and add more salt or lemon juice if needed.
Did you try this vegan keto avocado hummus recipe out? If so, let me know how it went in the comments, or tag me in any photos you share on Instagram so I can see your creation.