Yes, I’m at it again, making a dairy-free, egg free version of one of my go-to recipes, this time it’s keto salmon patties. The other advantage of this recipe is that it requires less free ingredients than my original recipe, which can come in handy if you have to hole up in your home, say to avoid spreading a pandemic virus or something? ;)
Keto Dairy and Egg-Free Salmon Patties Recipe
- 1 cans of wild salmon, flaked
- 1 tablespoon golden flaxmeal, soaked in 2½ tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons pea protein
- ¼ teaspoon glucomannan (*May sub xanthum gum, but glucomannan is healthier.)
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
Place all the fish burger patty ingredients (except avocado oil) in a large mixing bowl and combine. Form into 2 patties.
Heat avocado oil on medium-low in a frying pan and cook the patties. Cook on each side for 6-7 minutes and flip with a spatula. *TIP: If a patty does not release when you try to flip it, cook a little longer until it is crispy and ready to flip.
Serve in a lettuce bun with sliced tomato and red onion or serve on a bed of spinach or arugula. Top with my recipe for creamy keto lemon garlic dill dressing, my creamy avocado sauce recipes, or my keto tartar sauce.
Do you eat fish burgers or patties regularly? How do you like to eat them? Please share in the comments or let me know how it goes if you try this recipe. If you share pics of your food creation on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. :)