When you start to eat fish more regularly, you start to look for new ways to spice up your easy daily fish recipes. I found a new way with the African seasoning from Tunisia and Libya known as harissa. You can get it in a paste form for a greater variety of uses, but found an avocado mayo that had harissa already blended into it. This formed the base of this recipe.
Harissa Aioli Keto Mackeral Salad Recipe
- One 4-5 oz can mackeral,, flaked(*May substitute sardines or tuna.)
- 3 tablespoons harissa mayo (or make your own by combining mayonnaise and harissa paste
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup shredded kale
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato chopped
- ¼ cup diced avocado
- Flaky sea salt (like Maldon or Fleur de sel, to taste
In a small mixing bowl, stir together harissa mayo and lemon juice. Stir in mackeral, red onion, kale, and sun-dried tomato. Season with salt to taste. Lastly, gently stir in the avocado.
Did you make these keto harissa aioli keto mackeral salad? If so, please let me know how it went in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy! :)