OHHH Canada... Maple bacon fat bombs have to be the most Canadian keto fat bomb there is. As a Canadian myself, I ask you, who doesn’t love it when their bacon get a little maple syrup on it while they’re enjoying their pancakes? Now I realize that the maple bacon combo isn’t for everyone. That’s why I also included swaps to convert it into a maple walnut fat bomb too. Try them both!
Keto Maple Bacon or Walnut Fat Bombs Recipe
- ¼ cup natural almond butter(use ½ cup for maple walnut)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter (or ¼ cup for (for maple walnut)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons bacon grease (*replace with 2 tablespoons vanilla whey isolate for maple walnut)
- 1 tablespoon sugar free zero-carb maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon erithrytol, powdered in a spice/coffee grinder
- ¼ teaspoon [maple extract]9https://amzn.to/2T8dev5)
- 2½ tablespoons crispy crumbled bacon (*Replace with walnut pieces for maple walnut)
- 1 pinch Himalayan pink sea salt (*¼ teaspoon for maple walnut)
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Melt the almond butter, butter, bacon grease and coconut oil in a 2-cup Pyrex measuring cup in the microwave for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, or until smooth and fully melted together.
Whisk in the maple syrup and and extract and stir well to combine. Pour mixture into silicon mould. I use this silicon mould and it works perfectly for this recipe.
Refrigerate or freeze until hardened. Store in the freezer in a sealed bag or container. Makes 15 fat bombs (if using the above mould).
Now that you’ve tried both these keto maple bacon and maple walnut fat bombs, which team are you on? Team maple bacon or maple walnut? Let me know how it goes and share your thoughts in the comments.
What other fat bomb flavours would you like to see me make other than ? Please share your ideas in the comments. You can also try one of my other fat bomb recipes:
If you make these lemon cheesecake fat bombs, please let me know how it goes in the comments. Or if you share pic of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. :).