When you’re trying to push your carb ratio down when first doing a keto diet or even just to balance out a meal that’s slightly carb-heavy, fat bombs come in handy. This one combines the familiar flavours of chocolate and nut butter (I mix almond and peanut to make it a little healthier) with coconut oil as a healthy fat base. Throw in the pecan piece at the end for texture and you have a delicious super-keto treat!
Chocolate Nut Butter Fat Bomb Recipe
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup almond butter (or more peanut butter, if preferred)
- 3 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoonerithrytol, powdered in a spice/coffee grinder
- 10 drops liquid stevia (vanilla-flavoured if you have it)
- ⅛ teaspoon Himalayan pink sea salt
- 7.5 pecan halves or almonds, cut in half (15 pieces total)
In a small sauce pan, melt the coconut oil and nut butters over low heat, stirring regularly. Whisk in the remaining ingredients and remove from heat.
Pour mixture into a pyrex measuring cup then pour into silicon mould. Place a pecan piece on top of each fat bomb. Freeze for at least 4 hours (overnight is best). Makes 15 small fat bombs (using this silicon mould).
What other fat bomb flavours would you like to see me make other than chocolate nut butter? Please share your ideas in the comments. And here are some of my other keto fat bomb recipes if you want to try something different:
If you make these, please let me know how it goes in the comments. Or if you share pic of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. :)