Poke is one of my favourite keto meals with its combination of salty, sweet, tangy and umami flavours, along with all the textures that all the different veggies brings to the table. And while most people think of it as a fish-based meal, marinated tofu is also a popular option. Throw in some edamame as one of your toppings and you get a vegan poke bowl that will satisfy your hunger and delight the senses!
Vegan Keto Marinated Tofu for Poke
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free tamari soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoonsunsweetened rice vinegar
- ½ reaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and finely chopped or finely grated
- ½ inch piece ginger, peeled and finely chopped or grated
- 1 tablespoon red onion, thinly sliced
- 170g extra firm tofu, cut into cubes ½" cubes
Whisk together all the ingredients for the marinade in a glass dish. Add the tofu cubes to the marinade and toss to coat. Cover and allow to marinate for at least 20-30 minutes.
Stir again and add to your poke bowl with all the rest of your ingredients and serve. (*For check out my keto poke bowl recipe post for ideas of what to use for the rest of your bowl's ingredients.)
Did you make this vegan keto marinated tofu for poke recipe? If so, please let me know how it turned out in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy! :)