Who says you can't have three different keto peanut butter cookie recipes? Certainly not me! I wanted to make one that combined it with hemp hearts, similar to peanut butter oatmeal cookies, that's also high in protein. It's a vegan recipe too, so it can also be eaten by my plant-based friends. They're nice and chewy, and they're awesome dipped in my chocolate tofu dip if you like doing the chocolate peanut butter thing.
Keto Peanut Butter Hemp Heart Cookies Recipe
- ¾ cup creamy natural peanut butter (*Or swap with cashew butter or any seed butter for a nut-free version. I sometimes swap ¼ cup of the peanut butter with my mixed seed butter just to diversify what I'm eating too.)
- 3 tablespoons gold erithrytol monk fruit sweetener
- 1 tablespoon golden flaxmeal, soaked ¼ cup water for 5 minutes
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 3 tablespoons vegan vanilla protein powder (*May sub with vanilla whey isolate if not vegan.)
- ⅛ teaspoonfine sea salt
Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking tray with a silpat mat or parchment paper. Beat the peanut butter, sweetener, salt and soaked flax for 1 minute. Then fold in the rest of the ingredients.
Scoop 1 tablespoon dough balls and shape into a disc on the prepared baking tray. Bake in the preheated oven for 12-14 minutes. Allow to cool completely before removing them from the tray. Enjoy on their own or dip them in my chocolate tofu dip. Store in an air tight container in the fridge or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Did you make this sugar-free vegan keto peanut butter hemp heart cookies recipe? Please let me know how it turned out in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy! :)