I know it's not currently the holiday season, but peppermint mocha lattes have always struck me as nice drink to warm up with on a cold winter day. This recipe is keto, sugar-free can be made vegan, and has the protein bumped up to boot. Perfect for re-fueling and warming up for apres-ski!
Keto Sugar-Free Peppermint Mocha Latte Recipe
- One 14oz can unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- 14 oz water
- 3 tablespoons chocolate vegan protein powder (*May sub with chocolate whey isolate if not vegan.)
- Four 30ml espresso shots
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons Lakanto granulated monk fruit sweetener, powdered in a spice grinder (*or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ¼ cup keto whipped cream or foamed coconut milk, to serve (*optional)
- Dark or unsweetened chocolate shavings, to serve (*optional)
In a small saucepan, combine all your ingredients, except for the whipped cream. On medium heat, bring to a boil. Once it begins to boil, reduce to very low. Let it simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly.
Remove from the heat and let cool for a minute, before pouring into four small mugs or two large ones. Top with whipped cream and enjoy.
Did you make this keto sugar-free peppermint mocha latte recipe? Please let me know how it turned out in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy! :)