Does one really need to have more than one pumpkin spice sweet dip in their repertoire? Hell, yes! I devised this recipe to be keto, but flexible enough to use it for a carb-up with a couple of minor swaps. My other pumpkin spice sweet dip is based around coconut cream so it can really only be a keto dip. This one, on the other hand, uses tofu as the base, so all you have to do is swap out the added fat for more carbs (i.e. more pumpkin) and you're good to go!
Vegan Keto/Carb-Up Pumpkin Spice Tofu Sweet Dip Recipe
- 3-5 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk beverage(*Or any non-dairy milk.)
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2½ tablespoons keto maple syrup (or to taste) (*May sub with real maple syrup for carb-up.)
- 175g firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened pumpkin purée
- 1 tablespoon coconut manna (aka coconut butter) or MCT oil (*Or sub with 2-3 tablespoons unsweetened pumpkin purée for carb-up.)
- 1 tablespoon vegan protein powder (*Or vanilla-flavoured whey isolate if not vegan.)
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg, (freshly grated if possible)
- Large pinch of ground allspice
- Pinch of fine sea salt (or to taste)
- Optional Garnish: 2 tablespoons chopped toasted pecans or roasted pumpkin seeds (*Sub with toasted pistachios or omit for carb-up.)
Add 3 tablespoons non-dairy milk to the blender, along with all the other liquid ingredients. Follow up with the tofu and pumpkin puree, then all the remaining ingredients, except the garnish.
Blend until smooth, adding 1-2 tablespoons of additional non-dairy milk if necessary to reach desired consistency.
Did you make this vegan keto/carb-up pumpkin spice tofu sweet dip recipe? If so, please let me know how it turned out in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy!